Full course description
Acknowledging the ever growing demand for wound care services in all health care settings, the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses (WOCN) Society developed the Wound Treatment Associate (WTA) Program to:
- Educate and prepare more skilled wound care providers across settings, including the military.
- Enhance nurses’ ability to provide optimal care for patients with acute and chronic wounds as members of a collaborative wound care team.
- Provide the non-specialty nurse the ability to facilitate optimal care for patients with acute and chronic wounds under the direction of the WOC specialty nurse, WOC advanced practice registered nurse or physician.
The WTA Program consists of online learning modules, narrated by Dr. Phyllis Bonham, PhD, MSN, RN, CWOCN, DPNAP, FAAN, and Dorothy Doughty, MN, RN, CWOCN, FAAN followed by on-site competency training and testing.
- Licensed health care providers
- Non-baccalaureate RN’s
- Baccalaureate or Master’s prepared RN’s who do not wish to specialize but want adequate knowledge in wound care
- Physical Therapists and PTA's
- Physicians and other clinicians who want adequate knowledge in wound care
- Military medics (active duty), certified first responders and corpsmen
The WOCN Society is an accredited provider of CNEs through the ANCC. Any licensed nurse is eligible and will receive 24 contact hours upon successful completion of the Program.
The WTA program has been approved by Federation of State Board Physical Therapy (FSBPT): ProCert to award PTs and PTAs 20.0 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs).
All other participants will obtain a certificate upon successful completion of the Program.
Please allow 72 business hours for your enrollment to be processed. Once your enrollment has been processed, you will receive an email with directions on how to access the online content.