Full course description
Acknowledging the ever growing demand for wound care services in all health care settings, the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses (WOCN) Society developed the Ostomy Care Associate (OCA) Program to:
- Educate and prepare more skilled ostomy care providers across all health care settings.
- Enhance nurses’ ability to provide optimal care for patients with ostomies.
- Equip the non-specialty nurse with the ability to provide optimal care for patients with ostomies under the direction of a supervising WOC specialty nurse (i.e., WOC registered nurse, WOC graduate-level prepared registered nurse, WOC advanced practice registered nurse); a physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner; or a clinical nurse specialist (experienced in ostomy care).
- Licensed health care providers:
- Non baccalaureate RNs.
- Baccalaureate or Master’s prepared RNs who do not wish to specialize but want more knowledge in ostomy care.
- Physicians and other licensed clinicians who want adequate knowledge in ostomy care.
The WOCN Society is an accredited provider of CNEs through the ANCC. Any licensed nurse is eligible and will receive 27 contact hours upon successful completion of the Program.
All other participants will obtain a certificate upon successful completion of the Program.
Please allow 72 business hours for your enrollment to be processed. Once your enrollment has been processed, you will receive an email with directions on how to access the online content.